CLASSES: Omnes Arts Circle offers classes in Ballet, Jazz, Modern, Tap, Contemporary, Hip Hop, Acro, Musical Theatre, and Creative Movement. Competitive opportunities are available in some genres, depending on interest and availability.
LOCATIONS: Classes are available during weekdays and (sometimes) weekends at our studio at 1 Sherbrooke St. E., Perth, ON.
COST: Classes run for a minimum of 30 weeks from September through May. The cost for 45-minute classes is $450 +tax.
PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITIES: Omnes Arts Circle holds one year-end dance show every year, near the end of May. Dancers will be encouraged to participate in other performance opportunities as they arise.
Visit our Dance Schedule for more information, or click HERE to register now!
***Please note that some Senior level and Intermediate level classes require previous dance experience and are subject to teacher approval. If you have any questions, please send us an email at email@example.com.
- Creative Movement (ages 3-4)
- Junior A (ages 5-6)
- Junior B (ages 7-8)
- Intermediate A (ages 9-11)
- Intermediate B (ages 12-13)
- Senior A (ages 14+)
- Senior B (ages 14+)
Important to Note:
- We have changed our age cut off date to December 31st, 2022, to better align with school grades
- There may be exceptions to the above ages, and this is a guide only (if instructors have any concerns about specific class registrations, we will reach out!).
- Some levels are combined, and this option varies year to year depending on our student base. For example, a class named "Intermediate" would include both Intermediate A and B.
- Letters are used for class levels. For example, a dancer would normally complete Intermediate A before continuing to Intermediate B.
- Creative Movement 1 and 2 are the same level, simply at different times during the week.
- Pointe dancers require the approval of the class teacher in order to register. Interested dancers with no previous Pointe experience may contact Perth Physiotherapy for a mandatory assessment, and may be approved to begin Pointe classes. Pointe dancers must also be registered for ballet.
- Acro - returning/experienced Acro Dancers will be placed in the appropriate Acro class in our Acro Intensive Camp at the end of the summer, or within the first few weeks of class. To register, please select Acro A if your returning/experienced Acro Dancer is between ages 6-10, and Acro B if your returning/experienced Acro Dancer is 11+ (in many cases, these may change depending on skill level, but it gives us a starting point!).
We are currently offering the following classes:
***Please note that some Senior level and Intermediate level classes require previous dance experience and are subject to teacher approval.***
Creative Movement (ages 3-4)
Ballet (ages 5+)
All Intermediate B and Senior ballet students will have the unique opportunity to learn Progressing Ballet Technique. PBT is used in various genres, and has been used to promote the "use of muscle memory to improve students' understanding of core stability, weight placement and alignment for many decades."
Contemporary (ages 9+)
Jazz (ages 5+)
* Junior A, Junior B, and Intermediate A classes will be a combination of Jazz and Modern.
Jazz is a great option for students looking to learn many of the skills found in Ballet class in a more upbeat energetic environment. In Jazz, students will build technical skills with an additional focus on style and performance.
Turns & Jumps (ages 10+)
Jumps and Turns is meant for the dancer whose favourite part of class is across-the-floor training! This class will allow students to work on some of the most basic elements of choreography, exclusively focusing on…
Modern (ages 5+)
Hip Hop (ages 5+)
Musical theatre combines the skills of technical dance with theatrical performance to create fun, energetic, entertaining routines.
In this class, students will learn…
Tap dance combines the art of movement with the art of sound using exercises and choreography that incorporate the metal taps of tap shoes. As we reintroduce tap to the studio by offering beginner tap, we will be focusing on...
Acro dance combines classical dance technique with acrobatic elements such as gymnastics and contortion.
In this class, students will learn…
Competitive Dance: Click HERE
- Pointe class (must be approved by teacher and/or by assessment at Perth Physiotherapy, and must be registered in a ballet class)
- Jumps and Turns - fun technique class to supplement regular classes!
We have even more class ideas stirring, so stay tuned! Please reach out if there is a class you would like to see that isn't on our schedule!