Omnes Arts Circle offers classes exploring theatre concepts through various games and activities. Instruction is collaborative with students, and involves lots of exploration and creative involvement. The year-end show will consist of a play created with the young actors themselves!
We are currently offering the following classes:
A Christmas Carol (September 26 – December 5)
*No class on October 31*
Theatre Craft (January 9 – March 12)
Students will deepen their theatre skills through story building, character creation, and performance techniques, and will build a theatre ensemble through physical theatre explorations. Students will examine text in the form of monologues and scenes.
Play Creation (March 26 – May 28)
Theatre FOR youth BY youth. Students will put together all the skills they have learned throughout the year, and collaborate to create their own play. They will get crafty and design and create their own props and set pieces, and will have the chance to perform their show at the end of the year.
All of the above classes are offered to the following age groups (as of September 1st, 2019), at the following times:
- Ages 7-9 – Thursdays 5:30 – 6:30
- Ages 10-12 – Thursdays 6:30-7:30
- Ages 13-16 – Thursdays 3:45 – 4:45
- Year-end show and dress rehearsal TBD
Important to Note:
- Classes build on concepts learned throughout the year, so it is highly recommended to complete all three sessions.
- Students have the option of participating in only one or two of the sessions, with the understanding that some concepts may not be as solidified by the year-end show.
- Students must participate in the third session (Play Creation) to be a part of the year-end show.